DB2 LUW DBA
We are looking for DB2 LUW DBA ?for our client in Orlando, FL
Job Title: DB2 LUW DBA
Job Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Evaluate the Database Server Hardware.
- Define/Recommend/Maintain database Standards and Architecture.
- Expert in Database Design of tablespaces, bufferpool and table
- Future Release management for database/instance and Impact Analysis.
- Installation and upgrade of SAP DB2 Databases from DB2 V9.7 to V10.5/V11.1.
- Latest versions DB2 LUW 10.5/V11.1 features and functionalities
- Planning/Recommend Database version upgrades and fixpack upgrades.
- Vendor Support and Interaction (including PMR support) and can handle Client Independently
- Should be able to mentor L1 and L2 DBAs
- Should be able to diagnose clustered environment
- Advance Database Performance Tuning – Tuning Applications, slowness issues and Tuning Memory.
- Should be able to perform database reorganization
- Usage of db2 registry variable, DBM and DB cfg. Recommend changes for performance improvement.
- Recommend and Review Backup and Recovery Strategies for SAP DB2 standalone/multipartition databases.
- Knowledge of Symantec netbackup essential
- DB2 system Backup, Recovery, refresh across various SAPLandscapes using DB2 and SAP toolsets
- Setting up SNAPSHOT Database Backup and recovery strategy using BCV Split mirror
- Hands on experience of configuration & administration of HADR.
- Good Working experience of DPF and Table Partitioning.
- Experience using Deep Compression/Adaptive compression using ADMIN_TABLE_MOVE, SAP tools
- like DB6CONV.
- Strong knowledge on DB2 System and SQL Performance tuning using SAP DBACockpit, SQL Trace
- Experience on scheduling tools like maestro is desirable.
- Having experience of DR setup through various synch methods.
- Designing strategy towards Capacity Management (Growth) for DB tracks.
- Designing/Recommending DatabaseSecurity Policy.
- Designing/Recommending database alerts for monitoring database availability and performance.
- Good working experience of shell scripting and automation of repeated database incidents.
- Professional Certifications for DB2 LUW
- Experience with otherdatabase management systems (Oracle/MSSQL)
- Experience with Cloud database hosting providers AZURE and AWS
- Oversees and is responsible for successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
- Customer meetings
- Suggests new technologies and design changes
- Suggesting patches/upgrades to maintain security level
- Testing / Auditing/processes as required from time to time
- Ability to work in 24/7 production environment