We are looking for DB2 LUW DBA for our client in Chicago, IL
Job Title: DB2 LUW DBA
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- DB2 LUW -L3 DBA (8+ Years Exp.)
- Expertise in managing multiple DB2 UDB V9, v10 & V11 databases on medium to large systems
- Very good knowledge of Linux/AIX/Window
- Good exposure to UDB DBA maintenance activities like reorgs, runstats, back-up, restore, expanding and reducing the table-spaces.
- Experience in Backup and Restore (various restore methodologies)
- Should be well versed with advanced concepts like DB2 DPF, HADR with TSA and replication
- Experience in various DB2 utilities like LOAD/IMPORT/EXPORT/DB2MOVE and RUNSTATS/REORG.
- Experience in closely working with application performance issues in production environment.
- Good hands on experience on UDB 9.x & 10.5versions.
- Good knowledge on Capacity planning & forecasting.
- Ability to understand and remediate production issues on fly and conduct the Root cause analysis.
- Able to Perform Installations, version Upgrades & Fix Packs on DB2 UDB databases.
- Exposure on DR test & strategies like Failover Clustering/HADR.
- Exposure on cross platform DB2 migration
- Knowledge on ITIL Methodologies like Change, Incident, Problem, and Service Management using Service Now is preferred.
- Working knowledge of storage utilities like TSM / IBM BCV Knowledge of Optim tool for performance monitoring.
- Should have very good communication skills Knowledge on ITIL Methodologies like Change, Incident, Problem, Service Management using Service Now is preferred.
- To adhere to quality standards, regulatory requirements and company policies.
- To provide support for on call escalations and doing incident & problem management.
- To independently resolve tickets & esnure that the agreed SLA of ticket volume and time are met for the team.
- To ensure positive customer experience and CSAT through First Call Resolution and minimum rejected resolutions / Reopen Cases.
- Work on value adding activities such Knowledge base update & management, Training freshers, coaching analysts & conducting interviews/participation in hiring drives.
- To participate or contribute on EN business in creation of proposals to drive Service improvement plans.