DB2 Database Administrator
A major financial institution, providing financial services and FX support services to clients worldwide, is seeking a DB2Database Administrator to be based in Iselin, NJ.
The Database Administrator will be overseeing the late-evening/night shift for a highly active DB2 installation.
- Operational shift support for the internal DB2database systems/infrastructure in a 24/7 environment
- Remote and on-site support
- Work withothersupport members to oversee database environments and availability
- Oversee database backup/restore, performance checks and instance building
- Investigate issues, working withinternal teams and vendors to deliver fixes, escalating appropriate problems
- DB2 performance tuning
- Maintain or upgrade software suites and solutions
- Ensure database systems are properly covered
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent is a must
- 5+ years?experiencesupporting production DB2database install
- Experiencesupporting SQL server installations
- Redhat Linux experience is a plus
- Active directory experience is a plus
- Certifications in DB2 or ITIL are a strong advantage
- DB29.x+ experience
- Experience with disaster recovery solutions like SAN replication, QRep, etc.
- Experience with shell scripts