Job Title: DB2 Database Administrator
Location: Omaha NE
Position Type: 12 Months Contract
- 6 or more year's professional experience as a DB2 LUW & AIX Database Administrator on the targeted operating system platform.
- Installation of database software (LUW + AIX).
- Design and create database.
- Deploy database components by DDL/DCL Backup and Recovery of databases Data refresh.
- Troubleshooting any database related issues Performance Tuning.
- Database version upgrade, patching, etc.
- Replication setup and operations.
- High Availability Disaster Recovery, Configuration, Database maintenance Scripting and Automation of Database Admin related activities.
- 24x7 On-calldatabasesupport when scheduled.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field and in-depth IBM DB2 Database Administration experience.
- The DBA will be primarily responsible for the maintenance, enhancement and performance tuning of DB2 for AIX and LUW databases.
- Expert proficiency database programming in DB2 (LUW + AIX).
- Leading edge proficiency in large database environments for decision support, parallel database environments for scalability and high availability and integrating business applications with integrated databasetechnologies.
- Advanced proficiency supporting an operating system such as LUW, AIX etc.