- Strong Oracle DBA skills, SQL / PL/SQL knowledge
- Strong understanding of Oracle Database Security features such as Roles, Privileges, Auditing, TDE, Database Vault, TLS/SSL etc.
- Good understanding of the Oracle product features and options: Clusterware, ASM, RAC, Dataguard, Golden Gate, etc.
- Operating system knowledge (Unix, Linux and/or Windows)
- Network administration
- Programming in C or Java
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Desire to learn and continually expand knowledge about Database Security and Security Technologies
- Customer focus
- Structured Problem Recognition and Resolution
- Experience of contributing to a shared knowledge base
- Experience of Support level work, like resolving customer problems ,managing customer expectations, escalations and work under pressure
- Excellent Communication skills - Verbal and Written
- Planning and organizing
- Working Collaboratively and globally
- Relentless pursuit of Quality work
- Team Working and Results oriented
- Flexibility to work in different shifts and off days, including holidays and weekends.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. A primary focus is to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. Services may be frequently provided by on-site customer visits.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 7 years experience with Core products or eight years experience with Applications products, BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle).
Colorado Pay Range: From $36.69 to $64.20 per hour
From $76,309 to $133,544 per annum
Eligible for equity
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
9. Paid parental leave
10. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
11. Adoption assistance
12. Financial planning and group legal
13. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.