Westlake Chemical Corporation is offering an opportunity to apply your experience and skills to the position of Day Supervisor – Production based in Westlake South Chemical Plant in Lake Charles, LA. Duties for this role includes being the production unit equipment owner and assuring equipment is maintained as necessary for efficient operations. The role of this position is also to ensure environmental, health, safety and security, process safety management, and quality management system standard are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write work notifications
- Communicate daily with the Operations/ Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) on job priorities
- Review operating data (laboratory data, logbooks, log sheets, notes, Tiered accountability boards, etc.
- Write notes and instructions for the shift supervisors
- Assist the Unit Trainer in standard operating procedure (SOP) reviews and development
- Function as the equipment owner of the equipment and develop plans to get equipment inspected. (taken out of service, cleared, cleaned, etc.)
- Be involved in operator training as needed
- Initiate Management of Change ( MOC) items
- Order operating supplies
- Participate in the incident investigation process as necessary
- Perform the role of the secondary contact for permitting (Hot work, confined space entry) behind the shift supervisor. This will be based on the shift supervisor’s work load.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years minimum process operations experience
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Proficiency in computer/network applications
- Work well in a team environment, balance multiple projects, and be able to make effective decisions
- Self-starter requiring little direct supervision
Position may or may not have direct reports and/or indirect reports. The position requires the ability to motivate direct/indirect or non-reports in the purchasing function as well as non-purchasing functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Incumbent may be required to travel via auto or airline on a limited basis.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in the corporate office. May be exposed to manufacturing environments on a limited basis
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.