The Day One Readiness manager will be responsible for coordinating the acceptance of the Project One Initiative across the Hertz enterprise. This includes ensuring the readiness of the business and operations stakeholders, Application and Infrastructure support, and Service Delivery.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and implement operational readiness standards for delivery of Project One
- Ensure the project,programs and functional support areas of Project One have completed all operational readiness activities including, but not limited to, target state operational and environment planning, design, build out, testing/dress rehearsal, implementation and operational hand-off. Examples include:
- Working with Infrastructure teams to ensure end state environments are stood up to support Project One
- Coordinating with the Global Learning and Development and Organizational Change Management organizations to verify all go-live preparations have been completed
- Coordinating operational readiness activities across application and infrastructuresupport teams
- Coordinating with the IT security and Audit teams to ensure all authentications and compliance requirements are met prior to go-live
- Monitoring progress of global testing execution and work with Testing Center of Excellence to align various supportchannels to test execution status
- Conduct Vendor alignment sessions with all partners across Project One
- Structure projects – including value levers and potential, cross-functional participation & requirements, activities and timeline, costs and risks
- Closely collaborate with senior division and functional leaders at the Director, VP, and SVP levels to generate project sponsorship, participation, and buy-in
- Lead a full-time consulting team of 1-2 people plus functional team members to execute projects
- Plan and conduct large and small group workshops as needed
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and external vendors.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to work constructively while under pressure
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodology/Scrum
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or experience in a systems development and/or QA role.
- 3+ years Management or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years Project Management or equivalent work experience in a fast-paced, time-to-market driven environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident response, analysis and investigation experience
- PMP Certification preferred
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.