Enterprise Role Overview:
Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment. Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
**Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position**
**This role is located in Plano, Texas only. It is not open to telecommuting or remote arrangements**
Job Specific Description:
Bank of America is looking to build application support capabilities in the Plano, TX market. The DataStage Production Support Analyst will be part of IT Batch Operations production support team providing front line technical support to end users responding to issues related to Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Application Monitoring, Production Governance related to issues. You will work closely with TechnologyInfrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated / Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades etc. Grow your career in our dynamic and fast paced environment of diverse software platforms and challenging projects that shape the future of the banking industry.
- 6-9 Years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall / Agile)
- Strong development expertise in DataStage Version 8.5/8.7/9.1,ETL, UNIX scripting and debugging, Oracle, AUTOSYS, TOAD
- Strong ETL Design and development skills. Deep expertise on ETL architecture and solutions providing experience.
- Must have programming and scripting knowledge, version control/configuration management tools, knowledge on deployment scripts.
- Experience performing trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Good experience in handling various production support roles (technical) and hands-on experience in using at least 2-3 widely used monitoring tools
- Must be a team player, and demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Good to have knowledge on SQL, Knowledge in Business Glossary, Metadata Workbench, and Information Analyzer
- 7+ years with Mainframe / COBOL
- Strong database background on one or more of these databases: Vertica, Mainframe, DB2, Teradata, Cassandra, Oracle
- Experience with HP Vertica Database on UNIX and Unix Shell Scripts is highly desired.
- Exposure to these skills would be preferred – Information Governance Catalog, , JCL, CA7, BMC, Project Management, Easytrieve, MDM, Cassandra, Teradata, C++, Basic Java
- Prior banking/financeexperience of working with globally distributed teams
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree
- MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO WORK AT LEAST ONE WEEKEND DAY (SAT/SUN) within normal 5 day week. Extended hours and on weekends as needed to handle high priority issues. 2nd shift support may be required on a rotation basis.
Job number: 18050966