Title: Datastage Lead
Location: Richardson, TX
· Design, construct, test, tune, and deploy ETL infrastructure based on the Hadoop ecosystem based technologies.
· Work closely with administrators and application teams to insure applications are performing well and within agreed upon SLAs.
· Work closely with Scrum team and business users to achieve company business objectives.
· Collaborate with othertechnology teams and architects to define and develop solutions.
· Lead/mentor developers in setting ETL design, and development standards.
· Maintain, tune, and support the ETL platform on a day-to-day basis to insure high availability.
· Experience within the healthcare industry space preferred.
· Proficiencies with Agile development practices, Should have worked in Scrum env.
· Experience with and strong understanding of Datastage 8.5, 11.3, 11.5
· Knowledge in Core Java.
· Experience in Extracting, Transforming, Loading (ETL) and Maintaining of Data Warehouses and Data marts, handling large data loads, automatic error handling, performance tuning for bulk data aggregation in optimized time.
· Extensively made use of Parallel stages like Sequential, Aggregator, Head, Tail, Sort, Lookup, Merge, Join, Change Capture, Peek stages, Dataset, Filter, Enterprise database stages in Parallel Extender job.
· Excellent knowledge in extraction, cleansing and modification of data from/to various Data sources, Flat files from Mainframe Systems and Comma Delimited files (CSV)
· Expertise in unix shell programming.
· Worked with various databases like DB2, TeraData, and Flat Files into a staging area.
· Experience in evolving strategies and developing architecture for building a Data warehouse by using data modeling tool Erwin.