Datasite is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Datasite Sales Director will focus on coverage of a named list of Investment Banks in a specific, defined market. The Director will build relationships at all levels of the bank with a concentration on Analysts & Associates up through VPs and Managing Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Analysts & Associates on a daily basis
- Identifies potential buyers within targeted areas
- Undertakes client "discovery" process to identify client business issues and sell the appropriate set of solutions to address the client’s needs.
- Ability to present technology product solutions.
- Partners with other sales executives and technical sales consultants in a team selling environment.
- Prepares and presents complex proposals to existing and potential clients.
- Negotiates and executes contracts with clients consistent with our global pricing strategy.
- Work closely with sales management to develop an individual sales plan.
- Monitors progress against Datasite strategies and goals.
- Provides client support and service by leveraging internal resources to satisfy client needs.
- Drives sales and maintains relationships with assigned clients.
- Learn all Datasite policies, procedures and best practices
- 1-5 years of sales experience
- Excellent presentation and client communication skills.
- Experience in solutions selling and/or technology selling
- Ongoing ability to learn new products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to call on C-level executives.
- Clear understanding of and experience with consultative sales process.
- Ability to adjust approach in order to fit different buyer motivators.
- Aptitude to take personal responsibility for customer satisfaction.
- Ability to negotiate and manage client expectations.
- Ability to negotiate complex pricing agreements and contract terms.
- Demonstrated service orientation with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proactive planner and forward thinker.
- Demonstrated perseverance with clients and with process implementation.
- Ability to achieve results in partnership with others.
- Self-motivation to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrate the desire to become the best at everything they do.