Replica’s engineering and research team consists of industrial veterans from Google, Uber, Lyft, Dropbox, as well as academic researchers from top research institutes that push the frontier of movement analysis forward. The team is heavily mission-driven, with deep technical expertise on big data processing at scale, production software engineering micro-services, and domain knowledge in the field of movement patterns.
As our engineering team grows, we are looking for a data engineer working on geo data related data pipelines and data products. As an early member on the team, you will balance speed and quality as you build out new features for our customers.
You will collaborate with engineers, design, research and development, and customers to enable additional methods of querying and create valuable data visualizations for every customer. More specifically, here’s what you can expect to do in the role:
- Work closely with the customer success team to fully understand their needs and respond quickly to their feedback.
- Own the process and automation for data intake, QA and data delivery.
- Identify gaps and invent processes, automated scripts, and tools to efficiently carry out geo data processing tasks in a scalable fashion.
- Establish testing strategy and best practices.
- Add logging, observability, and notification for data workflows.
- Actively contribute to company culture by mentoring engineers, contributing to documentation, and actively collaborating with cross-functional groups.
- Technologies: Python, PostGIS, geopandas, Big Query, Java, Python, JTS, Cron.
- 5+ years of experience working with geo-data engineering projects.
- 3+ years as a software engineer.
- Efficiency with automation and tooling languages like python to build reusable components/tools.
- Proven experience working with data pipelines at scale and knowledge of common big data frameworks, such as hadoop/bigquery.
- Experience with common geo format (e.g., geojson, geodatabases like postgresql/postgis).
What We Value
- Empathy. You are curious and eager to learn more about our users and understand their needs.
- Balance. You weigh speed and quality carefully and understand the tradeoffs.
- A collaborative approach to problem solving. You’ve worked with cross functional teams before and you enjoy the process.
- Active participation. You jump in and actively engage with the team and customers to build products people use.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity. Things get blurry, but you persevere to find clarity and communicate effectively with your teammates to ensure clarity for all.
- Passion. You are driven to improve the quality of life in urban environments.