Datacenter Performance Engineer
??We are looking for Datacenter Performance Engineer for our client in Hillsboro, OR
Job Title: Datacenter Performance Engineer
Job Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- In this position, you will be a member of the Data Center Group Performance team. This team is responsible for performance benchmarking and competitive analysis to enable DCG, client end user field sales teams, OEMs and extended teams to highlight client capabilities and benefits. You will be overseeing system test and benchmarking on the latest generation client servers, workstation and SoC platforms, as well as competitive platforms.
- Key responsibilities include evaluating performance using industry standard benchmarks, commercial and/or open source applications, developing test automation test scripts and evaluating key technologies that drive performance. We are looking for a candidate that is well versed in Linux, networking, who can set up machines/clusters, compile kernels, load OS's, configure networks and storage, run benchmarks and debug associated problems as they come along.
- In addition programming experience to write micro benchmarks to stress client and competitive systems is a plus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating SoC, server and workstation solution performance using both internal and external benchmarks and applications
- Responsible for adapting existing tests, benchmarks, and applications
- Develop new tests or adapt workloads to test/stress architectural features for client and competing processors
- BS in EE/CS/otherengineering discipline
- Minimum of 6monthsexperience in:
- Familiarity/ experience in compiling and running server benchmarks such as SPECCPU, SPECjbb, Linpack, Stream, LMBench
- Web Serving, Transcoding, LAMP, PHP, MySQL, Hadoop, Memcached, Java familiarity/experience.
- Linux and Windows operating system expertise
- Re-building kernels, compiling open source code or projects, LAMP stack
- C, C++, Java, and/or scriptinglanguages
- Debugging and troubleshooting PC, workstation, or server solutions
- Understanding computer building blocks (processor, graphics, storage, networking, and software)
- Microsoft* Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with system configuration, testing and benchmarking ideal