We are looking for Datacenter Operations for our client in Burbank, CA
Job Title: Datacenter Operations
Job Location: Burbank, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Data center Operators are responsible for equipment maintenance tasks such as managing and installing custom upgrades for customers; replacing cables, components and accessories
- Maintaining records and drawing schematics of the center to detail what equipment is installed.
- Their customer support responsibilities might include escorting customers through the center on tours, responding to customer inquiries and coordinating with other organizations.
- Administrative duties might include scheduling employee shifts, planning for capacity changes, maintaining corporate databases and ensuring compliance with government regulations.
- Install and move server cabinets.
- Racks and stacks servers and network equipment into cabinets per SOP.
- Performs installation of wiring, patch panel and network switch, hub, and console
Provide Network Support:
- Intra Data Center hardware implementations
- Cisco equipment installation
- Server port setup, configurations
- Uncrates, moves, equipment from loading dock.
- Installs floor tiles, cabinets, servers network equipment and rails into cabinets
- Installs power PDU's, and server power connections.
- Runs under floor network cabling, terminates GOPY, and wiring to overhead paneling.
- Deploys infrastructure to data center standards and master plan.
- Backup and Tape Management Responsibilities
- Job requirement would also cove picking up servers and other equipment weighing 80 pounds to get installed in racks.
- Maintain up-to-date Rack Diagrams and Utilization metrics
- Preferably bachelor's degree in an area relating to computer science, Internet technology or facility management.
- Over 5+ years of relevant experience in Datacenter operation role.
- Experience including Server Cabinet, Network Racks.
- Hands on experience of wiring and patch panel
- Know how experience on basics of switch and routers
- Hands of rails and basic knowledge of installation and troubleshooting
- Experience and basics knowledge of cable tray etc.
- Staying abreast of Industry knowledge, Network Technical Support, Networking Concepts, Internet Fundamentals, LAN/WAN Edit communications, WAN Technologies.
- Must have worked in a datacenter
- Should be sensitive to business call and understand the importance of a datacenter for client.
- Experience in Backup Management and Tape Management
- Should have worked on Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, Network cards, modules, Hubs, Servers, UTP cable, RG-58 cable, RG6, RJ-45 converters, and Cat.5 cable.
- IDE and SCSI controllers and hard drives, NIC, MSAU, DSU, MUX, MOD taps, Patch Panels.