We are looking for Datacenter Hands and Feet Technician for our client in Dallas, TX
Job Title: Datacenter Hands and Feet Technician
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Provide hands and feet support to servers, network, backup devices etc.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of the data center assets Receive and ship devices Racking appliances, switches, routers, firewalls, servers, or other equipment.
- Maintain and request supplies when needed Assist Network, Unix, Storage and Security teams with troubleshooting and installs Labeling and Cabling of devices/wires and validating them.
- Moving a client KVM to another server or system for client to perform remote troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers. Coordinate with vendors/ OEM spares and parts necessary for inventory.
- Should have information about spare inventory like Fiber cables, connectors etc.
- Should be aware of inventory movement process (commissioning and Decommissioning) and if any update is required in asset management system.
- Should have information on free ports availability.
- Should have information about Inlet & outlet power supply / Dual supply information.
- Should have access to Blade Chassis and on Physical Server integrated console for configuration.
- Timing and process for access to DC. Un-racking, packing, and shipping equipment to another location.
- Power cycling a router, server and switch and soft-booting a server To Work on trouble tickets as they as assigned to them.
- HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) Power backup (power generator) Uninterrupted power supply (UPS)