We are looking for Datacenter Hands and Feet Engineer for our client in Dallas, TX / San Antonio, TX
Job Title: Datacenter Hands and Feet Engineer
Job Location: Dallas, TX / San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Accountable for 24/7 support for overall Infra/ Datacenter (Network, Telecom and VOIP) Operations.
- 100% hands-on datacenter management, Network, Telecom and VOIP , Rack and Blade servers, Storage, Backup, Tape library in mission critical production landscape.
- 8+ years of experience in managing datacenters operations of a large and complex customer.
- Experience in infrastructure capacity planning based on key attributes Flexible, continuous learner, excellent communicator, works well in team environment, appreciates challenge, comfortable and effective working in new areas that require experimentation and rapid problem solving.
- Requires excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation skills.
- Provide meaningful and timely reporting for weekly/monthly success metrics.
- Having good knowledge in Enterprise management systems i.e. Monitoring & Reporting Tools
- Emergency communication system support including working with 3rd parties
- Hands-on experience in managing 24x7 global datacenter operations/DR Operations
- Knowledge of Operational tools like deployment, provisioning, monitoring, performance measurement tools etc.
- Handling the daily operations to ensure that the infrastructure are up & running and as a whole provides high degree of reliability and availably.
- Capacity planning for Rack space, power, DC modular containment, necessary tools and services.
- Regular Audit/Review of EMS to ensure that critical alerts not get missed out
- Responsible for analyzing production operations and initiates corrective actions to ensure operational stability and efficient work-flow.
- Monitor all software and hardware products and ensure compliance to Data Center standards and systems.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all applications and its use on systems for various critical systems.
- SPOC for all Priority 1 call , 24X7, work with team based on On-call, shift rostering.
- Ensure client satisfaction and provide optimal level of customer services for various departments.
- Strong and timely decision-making skills
- Capable of handling internal and External escalations