The Datacenter Engineer provides advanced technical support to Tyler's internal customers (employees). He/she will also provide technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users and divisional staff.Responsibilities
- Configure and maintain applications in support of customer needs.
- Maintain virtualization environments - VMWare / Hyper-V / Azure / Amazon AWS
- Deploy and maintain SAN's - Infidat, IBM, HP & Dell
- Assist in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of infrastructure systems
- Maintain proper documentation on the supported environments
- Troubleshoot complex issues related to Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and server operating systems
- Design, install, configure, and administer server/storage hardware and software
- Analyze system requirements and configure servers in support of customer needs, including new products or technologies
- Configure and monitor antivirus systems and Windows updates
- Configure and maintain standalone and network backups
- Research and recommend options for new or improved technology
- Respond to advanced customer IT issues
- Provide escalation path for support calls from IT Specialists and IT Analysts
- Maintain disaster recovery procedures and perform regular DR tests
- Participate in IT projects as needed
The Datacenter Engineer must be able to:
- Multitask between responding to IT issues and researching projects.
- Document policy, procedures and maintain up to date environment documentation
- Adapt to changing products, technologies and environments in support of customer needs.
- Handle advanced operating system, database and application issues with minimal assistance.
- Stay educated on the newest technologies.
- Take ownership for troubleshooting and resolving client issues outside direct area of responsibility.
- Continually research and implement policies, procedures, tools, software and hardware for their customer base.
- Respond with a swift pace to critical IT issues or outages.
- Independently manage priorities and completion of multiple assigned projects.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer technology or comparable work experience
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgement in planning, organizing, and performing systems analyst tasks.
- IT certifications such as AWS, MCSA/MCSE, VCP, CCNA
- Typically requires five or more years of hands on IT experience is preferred
- Possess an advanced understanding and ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to Active Directory,DNS, Group Policy and Server Operating Systems
- Experience with multiple operating systems, devices and databases including, Active Directory, VMware, and SANs
- Advanced understanding of local and wide-area networks
- Ability to read and create operating system scripts to assist with repetitive tasks and customer needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Security focused
- Some travel is required
- May need the ability to lift 50 pounds on a weekly basis and bend and work in restrictive spaces such as under desks
- Working knowledge and Linux and Macintosh OS
- Advanced knowledge of: Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019; Linux/Unix; PC and server hardware; VMWare vRealize Auotmation and NSX; Active Directory 2012 and 2016; Virtual environments (VMware and HyperV) and clustering technologies; DNS, networking, firewalls, VOIP and printers; Working knowledge of SQL and Oracle; SANs; Powershell scripting, and some knowledge of SQL queries