Our Houston-based database team sets the global standards for data solutions. We don't want people to maintain the status quo; we want people who creatively propose and develop new and better ways of doing things. Seismic imaging requires sophisticated systems for managing high-performance computing resources and large volumes of data. Our existing and next-generation systems make heavy use of ORACLE object-relational databasetechnology to support large distributed databases that are optimized for fast and reliable transaction handling. As a database software developer, your primary role is to design and develop these key systems.
This role allows you to work as part of a geographically dispersed team to engineer and develop terabyte-scale systems. Our world-class data center has lots of resources and lots of computation to do, so resource scheduling is a big development priority. We also like forward-thinkers, who are constantly planning how to improve the scalability of our systems to meet future needs. Indeed, particular emphasis is on the scalability of the systems in light of anticipated step changes in the volumes of seismic data processed and the related computational demands of seismic imaging. Partner with our agile teams focused on HPC infrastructure and algorithm development to design and support the creme de la creme of seismic imaging computing at CGG worldwide. We are a global team, and your work impacts the globe.
Must have current U.S. work authorization or qualify for sponsorship.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in computer science or a closely related field is preferred (Ph.D. would be a plus), but an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge of relational database systems methodology, data modeling, and schema normalization techniques
- Extensive expertise in designing and implementing efficient algorithms and data structures
- Understanding of client-server application architecture
- Familiar with SQL
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work as a team member
- ORACLE PL/SQL programming skills (a really big plus!)
- Knowledge and experience with UNIX (Linux), C++, Java, and XML
- Knowledge of Perl, R, and Spark
- Knowledge of software development best practices and the software development lifecycle