The PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server automation engineer will work as a member of the PaaS Engineering Team.
He/She will work with the Server, Database, and USCG Cloud platform team to automate the creation of PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server Images that are DOD STIG'd, patched, and secure. He/she will automate build process, patching process, DOD STIGing process and reporting process. He/She will support automation efforts across various platforms including Cloud and other automation technologies. He/she must be a team player and willing to interact with other people at all levels throughout the organization.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Engineer PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server images build process including interconnectivity with various technical automation products.
- Engineer automated PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server patching process in conjunction with existing automated patching process for PaaS platform technologies.
- Engineer automated PaaS Database (SQL, Oracle)/Server DOD STIGing process in conjunction with existing automated update process for PaaS platform technologies.
- Engineer and automate database and system administrator tasking such as patching, reporting, server build process, server decommission process, automated and updated reporting
- Engineer consolidated and centralized database and system administration with various customized development and automation tools
- Apply necessary security configurations on backend infrastructure applications
- Engineer database and system administration across multisite Cloud environments
- Continuous improvement of PaaS Image automation processes
- Continuous improvement of PaaS Image security posture
- Architectural design, implementation and continuous improvement of server and database application system infrastructure.
- System performance tuning, data recovery, etc.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.
Current CompTia Security+ CE or other DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification REQUIRED
- U.S. Citizen, and must be able to obtain a NACI Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or related degree program or sufficient technical experience to substitute for the formal education requirement.
- 1-5 years IT engineering experience supporting projects and systems of similar size, scope and technical complexity to those supported under this contract.
- BladeLogic Database Automation
- BladeLogic Server Automation
- MS SQL
- SQL Scripting
- DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to provide accurate and realistic effort estimates, commit and deliver accordingly
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills; creative thinking
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with occasional non-business hours (evenings and weekends) flexibility and able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and participate as a positive and cooperative team member
- VMWare vRealize Automation
- VMWare vRealize Operations.