About the role:
As the Database Manager on Samsara’s Marketing Operations team you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills and help take our prospect and customer database to the next level. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues in Marketing, Sales, SalesOps, Customer Success, and Business Systems to make sure our database sparks joy for internal users and supports Samara’s journey to serve our next 20K customers!
Note: This role is 100% remote currently but will return to at least partially in office once it is safe to do so.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with internal and external teams to build a data cleansing and enrichment engine (including program management, progress tracking and communication, QAing to ensure standards are met, creating data workflows in Salesforce to ensure data is kept up to date, and running feedback loops to help us iterate and improve)
- Complete large scale data enrichment and manipulation projects using a variety of tools (e.g., sourcing, processing, and loading new account lists into Salesforce using spreadsheets, scripts, and/or tools like Dataloader)
- Run analysis on the health of our database, changes over time, and areas for further improvement (e.g., contact coverage analysis and expansion planning to advance audience segmentation efforts)
- Identify opportunities for automation and systems based solutions that address the root cause of issues, not just symptoms, and execute projects in these areas (e.g., improve deduplication logic based upon analysis of identified duplicates records, debug failed lead insertions and migrate all lead insertion processes to a single data pipeline)
- Become the resident expert and administrator for contact and account data enrichment tooling (e.g., Dun & Bradstreet Optimizer, ZoomInfo, Clearbit, account deduplication logic, lead insertion processes, etc.)
- Collaborate with fellow Marketing and Growth Operations team members on ad hoc analysis, brainstorming sessions, and projects - one team, one dream!
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of relevant experience
- Organized with a high level of attention to detail
- Excited to learn new skills and work with a variety of people
- Bias for action - energized by checking things off your to-do list
Bonus skills (not required and training in role is available):
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Marketo is a plus
- Experience with SQL, python, and/or other data management tools is a plus