New York, NY
Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
Not Specified years
Posted 28 days agoby Jeffrey Kliegman
Our client is a leading philanthropic institution dedicated to ending the global AIDS epidemic. Since their founding 30 years ago, they have invested close to $400 million in its programs and have awarded more than 3,300 grants to research teams worldwide. Fund raising goes on daily. They are currently seeking a Database Manager to maintain the constituent donor databases – Luminate CRM and Luminate Online to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security. You will work closely with development, finance, and other staff and vendors to provide data analysis utilizing the Luminate Suite, performing queries, exports, and reports for both day-to-day and strategic operations. You will also participate in coordinating related databases and designing strategies to ensure data relation and integrity.
· Administers and maintains the Luminate CRM and Online Suite of donor tracking databases, establishing protocols that maintain data integrity, ensuring the accuracy of information, including demographic information, coding, data entry, donation tracking, and other constituent data.
· Routinely migrates and/or edits bulk data with Demand Tools or Data Loader, migrating data between Salesforce, vendors and other external databases. Uses vlookup and pivot tables in Excel for advanced data manipulation and analysis.
· Works closely with the Philanthropy Department, to provide accurate data for the Foundation's fundraising efforts planning and implementation. Provides databasesupport for direct response efforts, including implementing data pulls on the Omni-Point platform.
· Serves as primary resource for all inquiries and training needs as they pertain to the Luminate Suite from the development, accounting and information technology departments. Communicates best practices to ensure successful maintenance of data.
· Works extensively with several different vendors including caging firms, direct marketing consultants and implementation partners in regard to data management, data integrity and to ensure business continuity and operational success.
· Develops systems that protect data integrity and enable effective data mining. Develops user-friendly input and reporting policies and procedures. Maintains relationships with users and provides information and training on maximizing effectiveness of Donor Management Database(s).
· Serves the reporting needs of various departments by creating and modifying custom reports using relevant software programs. Develops routine reports that allow analysis of income trends, donor attrition, and similar statistics; extrapolates and creates forecasts for budgeting, as needed.
· Provides the Public Information and Publications staff with accurate data for Foundation publications planning and implementation. Works with Public Information department to provide data, develop marketing tools and present data.
· Coordinates with the Finance department to resolve any difficulties in reporting, reconciliation, or analysis arising from data entryprocesses.
· Administers use of OmniPoint / VantagePoint analytics platform and works with BlackBaud to ensure all requiredreports are available to both Foundation staff and vendors.
· Bachelor's degree
· 5+ years database management experience in a nonprofit environment with a minimum of 2 years SalesForce or Luminate CRM administration. Luminate Online Experience is a plus.
· Must have a working knowledge of development as it pertains to Non-Profit organizations.
· Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to document processes and conduct training.
· Demonstrated knowledge of database management and working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel. Keen attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
· Project Management experience is a plus.