Quantum Research is currently seeking an experienced candidate to serve as a Database Manager, aka Cloud Data Engineer.
Responsibilities The ideal candidate will support a cloud migration assessment of the existing 313 NGA Activities along with, designing, testing, implementing, and migrating, of each Activity into multiple security level Clouds.
This effort will require the analysis of current Activity’s architecture and design, and researching effective and efficient cloud technologies that will allow for a minimally invasive transition to the cloud environment without impacting NGA mission capabilities.
Specifically, the candidate will perform cloud architecture and migration assessments for each NGA Activity eliciting functional, performance, operational, and security requirements. The candidate will architect, design, and develop databases associated with the migration assessment for the cloud environment.
The candidate may install the applicable databases onto the appropriate computer systems, and configure databases for data warehousing applications.
Configuration activities may include creation of Indexes, Clusters, Snapshots, Views, and other database objects, as well as, management of Rollback Segments, Data File Size, and all the other aspects related to the performance tuning of databases.
The candidate may write code for update queries, update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, and maintain a data correction log.
Bachelor’s Degree with five (5) to twelve (12) years’ experience. Individual should have knowledgeable DoD or similar architecture frameworks.
- Experience with the overall data requirements, data models, and the design of the databases and data integration solutions
- Experience with designing and implementing Amazon Web Services (AWS) storage solutions which include S3, Glacier, Snowball, and Import/Export
- Experience in the migration of data to the cloud
- Experience in the separation of data from logic
- Candidate must be able to think independently and be self-motivated, with proven organizational skills, ability to multi-task and support varied assignments. Good communication skills are important, with a positive and friendly demeanor.
- Experience with internal and external data sources
- Experience with developing a plan for integrating, centralizing and maintaining all the data
- Experience with data pipeline services
- Experience with how the data relates to the current operations
- Experience with the effect that proposed process changes will have on the use of data in the organization.
- Experience with how a logical design will translate into one or more physical Databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
- Experience with database design (relational and NoSQL), data modeling, developing strategies for master data management, data integration, data organization and storage, backup, archive and recovery.
Current TOP SECRET / SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (TS/SCI) clearance required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.