Kforce has a client seeking a Database Management Director in Wilmington, Delaware (DE). Overview: As an Engineering Director, you will work with business and IT leadership to understand IT business strategy and their implication to applications in our portfolio.
You will be accountable to technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support.
You will meet regularly with technology managers and deal directly with infrastructure management within Global Technology to prioritize work, and ensure system stability and ongoing maintenance is performed with regards to other business and technology deliverables.
You will prioritize and manage work to move resources where necessary to higher priority projects and deliverables. You will work with Release Managers/PM's to assure work is being delivered correctly and on-time for the coordinated release schedule and delivery framework, in addition to overseeing the pipeline of requests for ad-hoc and small enhancements.
You will manage the issue resolution process, enforcing adherence to process and procedures. You will negotiate appropriate support commitments for existing products; and interact with the PMO Management team and client users to understand and prioritize demand and suggest enhancements.
You will manage individual workload and work with the teams to deliver on project milestones; identify/mitigate risks to delivering solutions on time; and act as a leader, providing support for multiple teams.
You will oversee activities of the teams as applicable, and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance; coach staff in technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities; conduct performance reviews, appraisals and personal development planning with each team member; and promote effective teamwork and resolve issues.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology with at least 8+ years of experience with database and reporting applications using technologies like HP Nonstop, Mainframe, Unix systems Services, REXX scripting, database applications using IMS or DB2
- 8+ years of experience leading Database Management Data modelers or Database Administrators supporting production environments
- 8+ years managing large geographically diverse teams
- Experience with Agile development processes, methodologies and tools
- Experience developing and deploying complex applications
- Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- Strong project management skills (e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Financial industry experience with exposure to credit card & fraud management systems in large scale/high volume industry is preferred
- Knowledge in the field of data architecture/data modeling, big data, ETL tools like Ab Initio will be a considered a strong plus
- Knowledge of Credit & Fraud modeling would be a plus
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Resource allocation and leveling
- Change Leadership & process improvement skills