The selected candidate shall
- Manage the Center and community databases to ensure system availability, readiness and responsiveness; and reduce vulnerabilities in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Monitor, review, assess, analyze, maintain, and configure, test, report, and document database conditions to ensure availability, effective change management, and successful database development for the Sponsor to include:
- Assist with managing and maintaining clearance reciprocity systems;
- Managing database access;
- Developing simulations and exercises to test readiness responses and communication channels;
- Responding to user requests for assistance in database integration and development;
- Developing new databases, as required, and updating existing databases.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Applicable degree(s): Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Administration, Geographic Information Systems, Information Security, Information Technology (IT), IT Management, Network Administration, Software Development, Technical Writing, or Web Design & Development.
- Demonstrated relevant expertise supporting U.S. Federal Government as a Database Administrator/Manager/Systems Engineer, with hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Minimum five (5) years’ working knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and Structured Query Language (SQL). These five (5) years must be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ working knowledge of database design, data modeling, and data mining techniques, query creation and report generation, documentation, coding, DBA case tools (frontend/backend) with third party tools, and programming languages application programming interface (API). These five (5) years may be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ working knowledge of statistical packages for analyzing large datasets. These five (5) years may be concurrent with the requisite years of work experience.
- Ability to effectively establish and execute strategic and critical task priorities to demonstrate problem-solving skills, and to think algorithmically.
- Cloud integration skills/expertise and perform database integration into the Cloud
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Ability to understand U.S. Federal Government business needs, with strong analytical and organizational skills.