Database Kernel Engineer
Our client is a financial services, data and multiformat media company, highly respected in the market for its leading data, managed services, analytics and equitytrading platforms. They are looking for a Database Kernel Engineer in NYC, helping to develop the next generation of their internal RDBMS system.
The job will consist of developing and integrating new core features, improving the scalability and stability of the technology, and performance-tuning/testing the completed builds to minimize failure incidents and cost.
- 5 or more years programming in C
- Experience using RDBMS, with a strong understanding of SQL and relational databaseinternals
- Strong Linux development experience
- Multithreading experience with Pthreads is a must
- Experience building database engines is obviously an advantage
- Knowledge of logging, recovery and replication in database environments is an advantage