As a Technical Underwriting Specialist in the Lexington E&S business you will be focused on underwriting accounts using pricing tools and underwriting judgment to develop a technical price, coverage terms/conditions and alternative structure options. You will collaborate with Field Underwriters as they quote and negotiate new business and renewals.
Reporting Relationships and Organizational Scope
We are seeking Casualty Underwriters who will be part of a team responsible for underwriting and pricing new and renewal Casualty business. The Underwriters will report directly to the Technical Underwriting Manager.
• Analyze submitted account information for the largest most complex accounts, evaluate risks and controls, and ensure compatibility with risk appetite
• Apply underwriting judgment to pricing model results to generate a technical price, suggest coverage terms/conditions and alternative structure options.
• Collaborate with Field Underwriters as they quote and negotiate new business and renewals.
• Ensure technical price, alternative structure options and coverage terms/conditions adhere to filed rating plans
• Work with actuarial units, finance teams, and business units across the organization to understand actuarial model applications and stakeholder requirements
• Act as a role model for more junior underwriters, and making yourself available to offer advice and guidance
• An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years of Casualty underwriting experience.
• Strong Analytical skills to understand numeric data to be able to interpret and apply actuarial pricing guidelines to specific situations. High degree of comfort with analytical tools and technology.
• Strong working knowledge of the E&S business including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc.
• Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
• Ability to facilitate cross function collaboration, especially regarding technical aspects.
• Extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• Takes initiative on projects and assignments, seeks alternate solutions.
• Ability to communicate reasoning behind generated numbers.
• Highly motivated and results-oriented.