WideOrbit is the technology platform for media companies to connect audiences and ads, everywhere. Its mission is to simplify media buying and selling by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation for both sides of media transactions. Starting with its core traffic management solution, WideOrbit centralizes operations and streamlines workflows for radio, cable, and television companies. The company continues to introduce new benefits to the media industry, including a programmatic media exchange for increasing demand for advertising inventory and improving campaign efficiency. WideOrbit is headquartered in San Francisco with offices worldwide. Customers include NBCUniversal, Tribune Media, Entercom Communications, Raycom Media, TEGNA, AMC Networks and many other top media companies around the world.
We are looking for someone what loves database work as well as collaborating directly with clients and internal business folks to ensure optimum configuration of servers and our products within their environments. You'll be responsible for innovative ways to improve performance and scalability. At WideOrbit, we know that a Database Engineer’s real role is a creative one, and we have plenty of opportunity to let your visions and ideas come to light.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Develop a deep understanding of the architecture and operational flow of WideOrbit customer applications, and especially their database structures.
- Develop queries and reports to assist with customer issues.
- Design, develop, document, and support internal automated processes to maximize efficiency.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server issues, including performance issues, for hosted and client-managed servers via remote access.
- Provide documentation and training expertise for internal and external clients.
- Directly interact with customers and hardware vendors, coordinate with internal resources, multi-task, fast turnaround of deliverables, and take the lead where needed.
- Provide on-call support as necessary.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of industry or software related experiencerequired, including a minimum of 3+ years working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Solid and deep knowledge of SQL Server, including:
- Understanding and writing complex T-SQL queries, DML, and DDL in an ad-hoc manner
- Performance tuning
- Innate technical curiosity to learn new systems, databases, concepts, and broaden knowledge in industry and WideOrbit applications
- Experience with database backup configuration and management, fixing database corruption, high availability, and disaster recovery
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to logically diagnose both simple and complex issues
- Relentless problem-solving skills and the ability to understand customer issues, know how to be resourceful to resolve problems and reach a solution as quickly as possible
- Ability to build customer confidence, committed to increasing customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems in a timely manner
- Active listener and ability to gather information from the customer to understand their needs and requests
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak with a technical or non-technical audience
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with other teams (development, sales and product support)