We are looking for high-energy, dynamic professionals whowant to work for a growing global company and would love to take a bite out of thenetworksecuritylandscape. WatchGuard has deployed nearly a million of its integrated, multi-functionthreat management appliances worldwide and that number is rapidly growing. Of course, we recognize that there are a lot ofsecurity solution companies out there, but at the end of the day our product platforms yield dramatically higher performances than many of our competitors. We provide a solution that is scalable with hardware advances, utilizes best-of-breedtechnology, includes award-winning visibility tools, and is generally awesome all around.
But, you don’t have to take our word for it. WatchGuard is one of the most highly awarded companies in networksecurity. We have won an array of awards, recognitions, reviews, 5-star ratings, and shout-outs. And the recognitions keep piling up.
Unleash the beast and join RED. Apply to WatchGuard today!
WatchGuard is looking for a highly motivated problem solver and self-starter who will come in and help grow our data program. The Database Engineer (DBE) will work closely with other data professionals at WatchGuard as well as our business users, software engineers and IT operators to create data solutions for various business units. We are looking for a data minded engineer who wants to be a part of the team that transforms data at WatchGuard. The DBE will comfortably move between creating and developing the ETL processes, modeling data, and writing stored procedures in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a data engineer who has extensive SQL Server experience but is willing to experiment, propose, and work with otherdatabases to fit the right solutions for our internal customers.
If you are looking for a data challenge, want to be part of a new BI/data management team, and can get stuff done then contact us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create, maintain, integrate, troubleshoot, and develop ETL process, data modeling, stored procedures, and data infrastructure
- Design, document, develop and support multiple data loads, transformation processes, database schemas and entity relationship diagrams
- Actively participate in business analysis, requirements gathering, proposing and developing data solutions; influence business partners to adhere to best practices with data
- Develop and enhance current reporting cubes for better financial and sales reporting
- Continuously look for ways to improve the existing data processes and frameworks; defining, building, deploying and maintaining data management tools
- Research, prototype, design and develop new scaling, schema, and integration strategies for our growing data assets
- Develop and define data standards and measurements, driving adoption of operational metrics to track system quality and performance
- Define and resolve data design, flow, content, and quality issues
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience working in various database engineering roles
- Must have proven experience creating, maintaining, and improving ETL and stored procedure experience
- Must have expertise with SQL Server and other relational database system with proven experience with AlwaysOn, clustering, transactional replication, and T-SQL
- Deep knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Proven technical experience in relational database design, data modeling, data mining, design, and architecture principles
- Working knowledge of database best practices (database and performance tuning, schema management, index optimization, data replication, and application scalability)
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills is a must
- Experience integrating with Tableau and/or Power BI
- Effectively communicate with other engineers, business customers, and program managers
- Experience with agile development is a must