Travelzoo is a global media commerce company. With 25 offices and more than 28 million members in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America, we publish outstanding deals from over 2,000travel, entertainment and local companies. A career at Travelzoo is more than a job -- it’s a calling. We love what we do and our team works hard to make an impact.
Travelzoo is seeking a Database Engineer (Business Intelligence Developer) with adept problem solving skills to participate in the design, development, and support of robust and scalable reporting and analytics solutions. The work will be accomplished utilizing the full suite of Microsoft Business Intelligence tools. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast paced, but highly collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage the delivery of Business Intelligence solutions through all stages of the software development life cycle
• Architect complex Business Intelligence solutions to satisfy business requirements
• Provide data analysis to management team by building reports and running ad-hoc queries
• Design, build, and maintain customized reports in SSRS
• Maintain and Develop complex cubes using SSAS 2008R2 / 2014
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-related field
• 2-4 years of experience delivering solutions utilizing the entire Microsoft BI stack
• Expert level knowledge of SQL Server and database centric applications
• Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL and MDX queries
• Strong working knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Strong analytical skills to analyze the results across all business dimensions for reporting
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• 401(k) plan
• Entrepreneurial culture with global career development opportunities
• Travel perks, including an annual stipend and extra vacation days to experienceTravelzoo's deals
If you are a globally-minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!