The Database Engineer will have a shared responsibility for the successful implementation and integration of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions at Mitchell International. Our ideal candidate is a talented individual who is a compulsive problem solver and who knows how to align business strategy with software development best practices. Specifically, this position will work with the product owner, data scientists and report developers to deliver comprehensive data analytics solutions. In this capacity, you will perform the responsibilities listed below, and be a member of the analytic scrum team.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining ETL processes
- Work with product owner/tech lead to identify requirements for data integration and aggregation processes
- Design and build efficient SQL queries, analyzes query time comparison, and uses indexes efficiently
- Translate acceptance criteria into test plans that capture detailed actions and develop automated scripts to test the application effectively.
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work to ensure data consistency and integrity
- At least 3+ years hands-on experience in SQL and Microsoft Transact SQL
- 2+ years of experience of software development in C# and testing experience in Microsoft technologies.
- Good knowledge and experience in relational and dimensional database structures, data representation, data cleaning techniques, and database design
- Experience with agile development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A lifelong love of collaboration and learning with positive attitude
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.18-8225