The Database Engineer will provide database support and enhancements for our government client.
- Design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability
- Develop, implement, and oversee database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability testing
- Perform backup monitoring, troubleshooting, and bug fixes
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to enhance database functionality and security (PL/SQL)
- Ensure data integrity and quality in the database
- Create physical and logical database models
- Perform DBA activities such as daily monitoring, Cluster Health Check, RAC Component Check, and memory and Processes usage
- Prepare documents regarding database design
- Document approved software configuration Change Requests (CRs)
Knowledge and skills:
- Requires competence in current DBMS technologies and application design using DBMS languages.
- knowledge of products, tools and techniques for database design and development
- and documentation of database operations.
- knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database systems
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field and/or 8 to 10 years equivalent work experience
- Must have a minimum of four years of current experience in the use of database management systems
- minimum of three years of experience in RDBMS (MySQL preferred).