A seasoned position requiring in-depth knowledge and experience in database technologies. Works independently under moderate supervision, responsible for troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and maintaining databases and applications in support of business requirements. Performs database upgrades. Provides technical support during critical and non-critical business hours. Proactively identifies and automates the resolution to availability and performance failures throughout the environment.
- Supports cross-functional project teams with sprint planning and execution as well as database support and maintenance activities. This includes database analysis and design, defect identification and remediation, database build and configuration tasks, incident response, and similar IT system support activities to help deliver solutions as required.
- Provides technical support during critical and non-critical business hours on database systems. Is proactive and reactive for problem alerting, analysis, resolution, and follow-up to ensure database stability.
- Deploys, configures, and supports mostly simple and occasionally moderately complex databases in physical, virtual, and cloud environments for use by internal and external applications.
- Performs moderately complex database upgrades/patching as well as periodic health checks in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Proactively identifies and automates the resolution to database availability and performance failures throughout the environment.
- Proactively identifies work requests that can be downshifted to Operations staff or automated via software automation and orchestration tools. Ensures that all working knowledge sets are properly documented and communicated.
- Participates in in the creation of database standards, designs, best practices, and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies.
- Creates and maintains technical reference documentation to be used in support and training of Information Technology (IT) personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of experience in Database and System Administration, Software development.