Our client is one of the worlds largest alternative Asset Management firms, and they are currently hiring a Database Engineer to join the DatabaseInfrastructure team. This team plays a crucial role in managing the firm's database management systems. They work closely with otherinfrastructure groups and development DBAs in each business, the team is primarily tasked with the availability and performance of all firm databases. As a member of DatabaseInfrastructure team you will work with several database platforms that support the firm's OLTP and Data Warehouse applications including Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ and Microsoft SQL Server. Each DBA is assigned to a primary business and will be exposed to all businesses through on-call support activities. This candidate will be responsible for database software installation and upgrades, performance monitoring, security implementation, data recoverability, capacity planning, SQL capture, database maintenance processes, and the collection of and reporting on infrastructure assets and meta data.
- Working knowledge of database concepts including database design, backup and recover, database maintenance
- 5+ years of DBA experience with OLTP and Data Warehouse systems
- 5+ years of experience programming in scriptinglanguages such as Korn Shell, C-shell, Perl, PowerShell
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience in LINUX or UNIX operating systems, Microsoft OS and Office applications
- UndergraduateDegree in Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum.