Our client is a leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management.
They are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join their team in Chicago, IL.
You will be playing an important role in managing the firm’s database management systems. You will be overseeing the availability and performance of all of the firm’s databases, both stored locally and distributed through cloud infrastructures.
You will be specifically working with Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, and Microsoft SQL.
· Database software installation and upgrades
· Performance monitoring, tuning, and security implementation
· Data recovery and disaster planning
· Ensuring availability and capacity planning
· Collection and reporting of infrastructure assets metrics and reporting
· SQL captures
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related
· 4+ years’ of DBA experience with data warehouse systems and OLTP
· 4+ of scriptinglanguage experience (Shell, C-Shell, Korn Shell, Perl)
· Strong grasp of database design, backup and recovery, database maintenance
· Strong SQL skills
· Experience with Linux or UNIX operating systems