Life as a Database Engineer at Merkle
Your day to day role will be working alongside other highly skilled database engineers in supporting, and developing, new and existing large-scale enterprise solutions. You will be responsible for developing new functionality according to a commercial brief, update existing functionality depending on requirements, performing peer-reviews to ensure code adheres to best practice, fit for purpose and scalable, and document technical processes in a clear and highly detailed fashion.
You will support junior team members effectively troubleshooting technical issues such as database performance issues, failed ETL loads and bug fixes. Being one of the go-to database specialists, you will support the Account Management team in responding to client queries, setting expectation and ensuring process is adhered to.
This role will give you the following opportunities:
- Ability to work on (and get your teeth into as this is a hands-on role) a truly diverse blue chip Client portfolio across a number of industry sectors.
- Longer term opportunity to work across a number of complex solutions, using latest technologies such as Connected Customer Engagement, Big Data, Omni-Channel Marketing, 360 Single Customer Views, DMPs.
- Ability to attend industry conferences and technical events, internal innovation and best practice forums to keep abreast of market changes and emerging technologies.
- Innovation and training time to develop your skills and encourage continued professional development.
- Career progression: we have re-launched our appraisal system to encourage continuous development
Opportunity to rub minds with the best minds in the business – we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative
What we are looking for in you
- At least 2 years’ data warehouse design ideally using Kimball methodology (or other methodology i.e. Inmon, 3NF)
- Marketing Agency/Service Industry exposure/experience
- At least 3 years SQL server 2008 plus SSIS, SQL Data Tools and/or Informatica experience
- At least 3 years SQL Server T-SQL development experience
- At least 3 years of customer/PII data processing experience
- Source Control using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- An excellent communicator to both internal and external audiences in a Client-facing role
- Software and application development experience with the ability to understand the full solution
- Handling and protection of information, reporting securityevents and implementing appropriate policies and procedures
- Must have a genuine interest in technology and SQL Server demonstrating an understanding of new SQL Server functionality available within later versions of SQL Server 2014 (have reviewed SQL 2016)
- GDPR and in particular Privacy by Design and Rights of the Individual
Salary and benefits
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Lynda.com and Skillsoft)
- Breakfast Box on your birthday
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office