We are seeking a Database Engineer to join the dynamic SBIRS Software Development Team! In this role, you will design, develop and test database solutions across our contracted efforts in support of our ground system software, supporting multiple baselines in defect resolution as well as enhancements, special projects, new business initiatives, and modernization efforts within our development environment. You will work in a team environment potentially supporting multiple projects.
We are seeking someone with software development education and experience with database design and implementation, and familiarity with the full software development cycle. You should be familiar working in Linux/Unix environments and using a bash shell. Qualities we are looking for include being a self-starter and have demonstrated communication skills. You will be expected to work with diverse disciplines in a team environment to reach a common goal.
Applicants selected are subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Database experience primarily in a Linux environments
• Experience in SW development methodology, lifecycle and process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance
• Experience in Space Ground systems
• Experience with version control systems such as Git and/or Clearcase
• Experience with relational databases such as Sybase/Postgres/Oracle