$80K — $100K *
ISYS Technologies delivers emerging technology solutions through our diverse and talented employees who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our country and operate responsibly. We are a reputable award-winning WOSB providing Engineering and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) services to the Federal government. Headquartered in Colorado, ISYS serves key national customers throughout the United States with a presence in more than 16 states.
ISYS Technologies is seeking a Database Engineer
- Provide expertise in support of the Combined Orbital Operations Logistics and Resiliency contract on the Advanced EHF & Milstar System Database Trade Study on the Alternative to Oracle Database Software & Transition Plan.
- Provide support for the determination of alternatives to local Oracle database instances through trade studies and the development of any necessary strategies for migrating tables, constraints, PL/SQL packages and triggers to a new platform.
- Provide support for all phases of transition and migration from existing Oracle database instances to a selected alternative, including software setup, installation, configuration and redevelopment efforts.
- Provide support for the transition of existing Oracle database administration tasks to a selected alternative database, including database configuration, backup and recovery and performance tuning.
- Review the expected configuration and maintenance requirements of a selected alternative to an existing Oracle database, and recommend refinements, improvements and performance enhancements to align with industry best practices.
- Database administration including experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of database servers and database instances.
- Knowledge of Oracle database related languages including SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience with creating and maintaining database objects such as tables, triggers and stored programs.
- Experience with developing and debugging database related scripts in UNIX shell scripting languages, Perl or python.
- Experience with Postgres, MariaDB or other alternatives to Oracle databases.
- Experience with developing or maintaining Oracle Forms applications.
- Experience in complex database software migration, database installation & configuration and configuration management.
- Oracle and other alternative database software migration, installation and configuration management.
- Good understanding of software and database development processes.
Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited college/university in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar emphasis. Must have strong team working and user support skills. Must be able to multi-task, team player and have ability to support multiple projects.
US Citizenship is required.
ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected Veteran status, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
Valid through: 4/16/2021
$80K — $100K
7 days ago