GrubHub is looking for an experienced MySQL/Cassandra Database engineer for its Database Engineering team, responsible for MySQL and Cassandra databases. You will be working with a team of passionate and skilled database engineers responsible for installing, configuring, administering and maintaining MySQL and Cassandra databases. GrubHub OLTP database platforms are built primarily around AWS/on-premisesarchitecture. A few core database technologies are MySQL, SQL server and 550 node Cassandra cluster.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
- Develop, implement, and maintain MySQL/Cassandra database structures in Pre-prod and production environments utilizing current standards and procedures.
- Manage 550 node Cassandra cluster
- Database tuning for optimization and performance
- Monitoring production deployments for capacity issues, performance, and troubleshooting
- 24X7 on-call rotation support.
- Keep backups as current as possible and devise restoration techniques with minimal downtime.
- Keep run-books updated for smooth operations.
- Automate maintenance tasks using bash/python
You Should Have
- 3 years' experience in a MySQL DBA role.
- 1-year experience in Cassandra
- 3 years' experience with the design, creation, and maintenance of database engine and its structures.
- Experience using Python for database maintenance and interaction.
- Ansible experience is a plus
- Java experience is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and adapt to changing needs.