Ethoca is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team in Toronto to participate in building out solutions on premise and contribute to cloud data enablement and big data solutions within our technology landscape. The role is visible and part of a high performing team – it will appeal to you if you have an effective combination of domain knowledge, experience, and the ability to execute on the details.
You will bring programming/scripting and development skills while working with large data volume. Our teams are small, agile, and focused on the needs of the high growth fintech marketplace, you will participate in this space. You will be working across functional teams within Ethoca and Mastercard to deliver on our data strategies.
We are committed in making our systems resilient and responsive yet easily maintainable on premise and on cloud.
Participate in the development of reporting and analytics solution using scripting (SQL/Python scripting), data movement, and scaling existing solutions.
What you Bring:
- Experience in the fields of Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Quantitative Science
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field including programming
- Capability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Understanding of source control
- In a Data Warehousing and BI environment with understanding of warehousing concepts
- With Source Control System (SCS) is a must – preferably “Git” source control
- Systematic problem-solving approach, with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Work efficiently within a high security, PII and PCI-DSS Level 1 environment
- Self-starter that explores opportunities for efficiencies and propose options to bridge gaps that exists
What sets you apart:
- Some experience with data modeling and data integration
- Hands-on experience with database programming (SQL and higher-level programming languages)
- Good understanding of data warehousing design patterns and best practices
- Solid understanding of data loading and extraction
Nice to Have:
- Scripting experience with one or more of the following:
- Java and Java Script, Python
- Experience working with analytics and data processing engines