Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Job Title: Database Engineer
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet might surprise you! Each day, we are taking steps to transform our culture into one that activates the very best in our people. At the heart of our work you’ll find our core values: to be data inspired, relentlessly curious and inherently generous. These values inform how we engage with our customers and how we energize one another. Step inside and you'll feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. We're also exploring what needs to change to accelerate creativity and innovation.
We eliminate traditional performance reviews in favor of a more continuous dialog between team members and their managers. We flattened the structure of our organization so that our leaders are accessible and more in tune with our people. And, we changed our dress policy: 'Dress for Your Day' simply means wear what you want.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Our Technology Team:
Technology is a global team that creates and operates the systems that deliver D&B data into our customer’s ecosystems. We eat, breathe, and dream of technologies that run our business today - and those that will transform the way we deliver value in the future.
- Helps to develop strategies for OLTP products databases, warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery
- Assists with evaluating new data sources for adherence to the company’s quality standards and ease of integration
- Configures and supports ETL Framework processing of data sets from multiple data sources
- Implements data models and database designs
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues and replication and other distributed data issues
- Conduct QA audits of ETL data, trending for sudden changes in key metrics
- Helps store, trend and analyze database and system performance measurements over time
- Object-relational mapping/JDBC/Data access layer
Required Skills/Job Specifications
- Understanding of DMV’s, DTA and SQL Profiler for performance monitoring
- T-SQL development skills and knowledge of SQL internals
- Ability to troubleshoot queries and analyze execution plans
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture environment or Service Oriented Architecture
- Working knowledge of SSIS packages and best practices
- 3-5 years of any combination of OLTP, data warehousing and business intelligence experience
- Development experience in SQL Service 2012 or higher
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- ETL processes and practices in a VLDB data warehousing and data mart environments
- Ability to write queries, stored procedures, triggers and follow execution paths
- Ability to optimize poorly performing queries using TSQL best practices
- Extending SQL server with C# CLR, Java
- Experience with SQL server 2016 features. (real time analytics)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies.