We are passionate about data! As a Database Engineer at Capital One, you'll be responsible for administration of procedures and practices regarding data access and upkeep across multiple database technologies. This includes working with project teams to determine changes needed to both the database and models, and then implementing those changes. Our Database Professionals support ongoing project efforts and day-to-day support activities for the Database Platform.
- Responsible for the design, development and administration of transactional and analytical data constructs/structures.
- Included within those responsibilities are the areas of data access and delivery technologies. Includes, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL and potentially NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB or Couchbase.
- Duties include performance tuning, monitoring, software installs and upgrades, scripting, and physical and logical database design.
- Familiarity with AWS services and scripting.
- Familiarity with Web Applications and Service Oriented Architecture
- Hands on experience with setting up Amazon RDS instances and supporting RDS instances
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- At least 3 years of experience in configuring, managing, and troubleshooting SQL Server
- At least 3 years of experience with database backup and recovery, including implementing disaster recovery standards
- At least 3 years of experience with database design, optimization, and tuning.
- At least 1 year of experience in cloud computing platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- At least 1year of experience in AWS cloud computing platform migrating databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server etc…) to Amazon RDS
Job ID R48243