Less than 5 years experience • Biotech/Pharma
Job Title: Software Engineer - Database Developer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Join an entrepreneurial team of talented developers in driving the future of a suite of industry-leading pharmaceutical software products. IMS is in immediate need of an exceptional databasedeveloper who can implement creative solutions to enhancements, integrations and performance-boosting for existing products. IMS creates web based business performance optimization software for the Pharmaceutical industry. The Software Engineer will fine-tune technical requirements and design all aspects of present and future IMS applications. You will be integral in helping IMS scale our application to support large datasets and an expanding customer base, and solve interesting problems.
- Analyze, design and develop core application and analytic capabilities of business performance optimization software product.
- Analyze user needs & develop technical software solutions for data/information integration layer of product, including requirements gathering, data warehouse design, data modeling, data acquisition design, development, testing, deployment and documentation.
- Take ownership of feature development and drive design and development of software solutions across data tier, enterprise Java mid-tier & Flex/RIA UI
- Collaborate with the team to design development standards and methodologies
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for product releases
- Bachelors of Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- At least 4years experience in programming with and strong understanding of Oracle DBMS, SQL and PL/SQL
- At least 3years experience in designing and building database/ETL systems for enterprise scale software, from requirements analysis to implementation
- Experience must include building enterprise scale applications in analytic or business intelligence data warehousing area and optimizing large data loads & data analysis
- At least 2years experience in working with ETL tools. Experience with Pentaho Kettle is an advantage
- At least 1yearexperience in working with NoSQL solutions. Experience with MongoDB would be an advantage.
- Experience in end to end feature development and communicating across cross functional teams.
- Experience with data acquisition and integration is an advantage
- Basic understanding of core Java and JDBC
- Experience in working on any BI reporting solutions would be plus
- Good understanding of enterprise software product development and SDLC
- Experienceworking with offshore development team
- Strong problem solving acumen
- Good communications skills