Example Job Posting
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Database Developer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply.
A passionate Database Developer who will support, design, architect, and develop long term solution for our Presort business in Omaha, Nebraska. You would be one of the key members of a dynamic team supporting & building IT solutions for Presort Products & business primarily in Microsoft SQL technologies. This individual will have a direct impact in development and the use of new software development technologies. In addition, Pitney Bowes aims to be the technology "Growth" company of the future with laser focus on solving our client's problems in the world of Small & Medium Business, Global Ecommerce shipping and Software/Big Data. This position will sit in Omaha, NE full time.
• Report directly to the Director of IT, Back Office under the Vice President of IT Ecommerce Services and Governance
• Analyze, design and develop complex application solutions to achieve business requirements collaborating with Business Stakeholders
• Devise Strategy and Engage with Enterprise DBA's & Solution Architects, to define & execute application strategy for Presort
• Lead or play a major role in most projects to develop new features and functionality
• Contribute to all aspects of software development from design thru implementation
• Lead by example and help mentor more junior members to excel
• Use agile methods to effectively work within the project and help improve the team
As a Database Developer, you have:
• 2+ years of experience in software development with increasing responsibilities
• Support the installation, configuration and administration of SQL Server Databases in a non – production environment
• Assist technical leads in system analysis, design and development of complex database solutions to achieve business requirements
• Perform tuning of databases, schemas, database tables and data files as directed
• Ensure security, database backup / recovery strategy, and monitoring strategy is up to date to maximize availability of the database
• Provide support and assistance to development team in the testing, tuning and other duties as assigned
• Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and data warehousing and BI analytics dashboard
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.comOur Team
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, byproviding accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across thecustomer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.