That’s Nice, But What’s the Job?
In short, as a Senior SQL Database Developer, you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision-makers. We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well-architected data. We have a large multi-company environment with many online transactional systems (on-premise, cloud-hosted, etc.) creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions.
- SQL Server 2016-2017, and eagerly awaiting 2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- ETL – (Informatica, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS))
- Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Sharepoint
- Azure (SQL Data Warehouse, Cosmos, Mongo)
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
In long, as a Senior SQL Database Developer, If you join us your day will consist of:
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities.
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities.
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Push the limits of SQL by working with the latest tech including NoSQL, Big Data, PolyBase, and JSON parsing.
- Build performant applications that help redefine how we do business -- and keep us ahead of our competitors.
- Utilize SSIS/Informatica to construct enterprise-level ETL procedures
- Ensure designs include strategic analytical metrics for enhanced decision-making.
- Engage in design sessions, peer reviews, pattern/code reviews, and team lunch and learns.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers.
- And last-but-not-least…Join in team lunches, BBQs, and Top Golf to celebrate with the team on meaningful business wins
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay, we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. An attitude and approach to thinking that actively seeks out change. You will need a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strategic thinker. We are looking for an individual that takes an insightful, future-oriented, open-minded, and proactive approach to think.
An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server 2008-2017 solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience with an ETL tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- 3+ years of experience modeling transactional systems.
- Familiarity with performance tuning techniques such as indexing and analyzing query execution plans.
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren’t slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn’t love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you’ll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and a pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That’s why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!