$80K — $100K *
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Database Developer to join our Health vertical, specifically working on brands such as WebMD and Demandforce. The Database Developer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of next-generation database support and new products. Day to day duties will include: data modeling and schema design; ETL architecture, development, documentation, and optimization; generation and analysis of reports; establishing best practices for data systems; and collaborating with the DBA group on performance tuning and data partitioning.
- Design and develop in traditional relational databases such as Postgres as well as non-traditional databases such as Hadoop or Vertica.
- Analyze business requirements, design, and implement required data models and ETL processes on your own.
- Participate in data architecture and engineering decision-making/planning.
- Create an enterprise-level data inventory regardless of source, format, structure.
- Connect and integrate individual datasets for better analysis and transparency between the data.
- Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with the database development team and provide technical direction/guidance on the design and implementation of data solutions.
- Mentor and train junior members of the database team.
- 3+ years of database development experience.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and Hadoop.
- Strong stored procedure skills.
- Good Unix shell scripting.
- Database design and optimization.
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Hive for distributed databases.
- Spark for Data Analytics.
- Linux, Unix, BSD.
- Experience producing clear and effective documentation.
- Understanding of SQL analytic functions.
- Experience with large and high transaction database architectures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Valid through: 12/11/2021