Job Description Job Summary:
Designs, develops, maintains and improves data structures, queries, reporting solutions and extract-transform-load (ETL) processes for business applications. Serves as a subject matter expert in data and databases. Works with other developers and production DBAs to ensure scalable, efficient and optimized solutions. Works closely with customers, management, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Ensures solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Independently reviews and completes assigned incidents and requests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, tests and troubleshoots applicable software packages that implement complex ETL processes in accordance with business requirements and service level agreements.
- Works with application developers, business partners, management and Data Warehouse team. delivers quality data integration projects, standards, best practices and data dictionary.
- Develops ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds. Develops and documents systems, processes and logic required to expose existing data sets in the warehouse to end users for reporting and analytical purposes.
- Monitors ETL applications for performance and improvement opportunities. Ensures quality, consistency and security of company data systems. Troubleshoots and diagnoses complex software problems. Conducts packaging, release and change management.
- Communicates open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas. Reviews requirements, architecture and design components of ongoing and upcoming Tier 2 and 3 projects. Participates in code review sessions.
- Keeps informed of tools, techniques and components utilized in the industry through research and applies this knowledge to system(s) being developed.
- Mentors less experienced team members as needed and appropriate.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum RequirementsPreferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), or a Business Intelligence designation.
- Knowledge of data modeling and data warehousing and star-schema (dimensional) data.
- Knowledge of various databases such as MySQL and Oracle.
- Knowledge of scriptinglanguages such as C# and VB.Net.
- Knowledge of System DBA.
- Banking industry experience.
Additional Information Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Minimum Experience: Four years of experience designing, developing, testing, and implementing ETL solutions utilizing applicable softeware products OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Good knowledge of metadata, and using/managing metadata.
- Understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC), software best practices and development methodologies.
- Strong technologist with excellent data analysis, ETL and Microsoft Transact-SQL skills.
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Skill in database design and development.
- Skill in developing and organizing high-quality documentation.
- Skill managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill troubleshooting issues in a multi-tier environment.
- Skill working with both business team members and technologists.
- Leadership skills with an emphasis on teamwork.