We are looking for Database Developer for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: ?Database Developer
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This individual will support development of projects in full lifecycle.
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in writing SQL Stored Procedures, Query Performance Tuning, 24/7 high availability and Large Volume Handling of Data, in Large scale SQL 2014/2016 Enterprise servers in a multiple server.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the data modeling and RDBMS design for our high-volume application and establish standards
- Develop stored functions and triggers using SQL and Scripts with CRON to automate as part of our application needs Oversee development and production database and server performance with improvements
- Perform code reviews of SQL and offer performance related improvements to the team, Implement and supportdatabase backup and recovery operations.
- 8+ years of professional development experience with SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Highly proficient with TSQL and PLSQL and related tuning with indexes and database parameters
- Practical experience developing a data warehouse using dimensional modeling techniques
- Proficient with developing methods of loading large volumes of data automatically into a database
- Experience in converting functional requirements into technical Specifications for Development
- Experience with table partitioning strategies and related implementation
- Proficient with interpreting query explain plans, reviewing data within tables and recommending indexing strategies
- Experience with establishing methods for base-lining database performance and measuring improvements with changes
- Capable of setting up database servers and instances from scratch on Windows
- Experience in recommending and configuring optimal hardware solutions including storage area networks
- Experience with Agile development practices and Scrum methodology
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server system objects, DMV, and DMF T-SQL tuning, debugging, profiling, and troubleshooting skills using Performance Monitor, SQL Server Profiler, and Activity Monitor.
- Experience in design, deploy and manage SSIS and SSRS packages
- Experience with source control and change control and be able to generate creation, upgrade, and maintain scripts
- Familiarity with data modeling design (CASE) tools (Erwin, Toad Schema Modeler, etc)