$50K — $90K
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate is offering a unique opportunity that will support the Office of Innovation and Collaboration (I&C) to develop, build and maintain a database/website interface for technical analyses, program reviews, and annual reports.
What will I be doing? You will review and examine the existing databases within the I&C, assess the needs of I&C staff and customers, develop a strategic plan for I&C database management and collaborate in the execution of a development plan.
Other activities may include:
· Develop databases to support innovative web-based applications.
· Troubleshoot software problems and provide solutions to overcome those problems.
· Present development progress to management, colleagues, and customers.
· Develop plans for better leveraging those capabilities to address S&T needs.
· Collaborate in the development of impact metrics for the capabilities.
· Brief I&C leadership and S&T stakeholders on database requirements, desired impact and development progress
Location: Washington DC
Anticipated Start Date: Application reviews will begin on September 30, 2020 and continue until a candidate is selected for this opportunity.
· Competitive stipend as determined by DHS
· Health Insurance Supplement. Participants are eligible to purchase health insurance through ORISE.
· Relocation Allowance
· Training and Travel Allowance
· Must be a U.S. Citizen
· Bachelor’s degree required.
The desired candidate will have:
· Experience in database or information system management, development, and strategic planning for an organization
· Completed undergraduate degree
· Completed coursework or have experience in database design, information management, computer science or related field
· Experience with one or more computer programming languages (C#, VBA, C++, R, Python, Java, etc.)
· Interest in developing strategic plans for database development to meet an organization's needs
Valid through: 11/9/2020