Hours/Week: 40 hours
Title: ACHI DatabaseDeveloper/Analyst DBA3 SC1 (531706)
Interview Type: In ? person
Location: Little Rock, AR
Client Name: State of Arkansas
Background Check: Yes
The Database Developer/Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining client database systems.
The DatabaseDeveloper/Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining the Arkansas All Payer Claims Database (APCD), contributing data systems, conducting analysis using statistical software and preparing tables and reports as needed. This individual conducts extract, transform and load (ETL) analysis, designs ETL processes, maintains process and system documentation, conducts application unit testing, assists in application functional, integrated, and performance testing; resolves problems, and participates in "on call" support for internal staff.
This person will report to the ACHI Director of the Health Data Initiative (HDI) and will be working closely with other members of the APCD project team.
In addition, this person will be also be responsible for developing and qualifying database release management/deployment procedures and collaborating with the Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Support teams.
- Buildings and maintains database systems
- Experience in and knowledge of performing extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- Experience in and knowledge of database design, installations, conversions
- Responsible for database backup and recovery procedures, access security and database integrity, physical data storage design and data storage management
- Responsible for definition of standards of data dictionaries
- May program dictionary analysis and maintenance software
- Perform performance tuning
- Monitor database performance and space requirements
- Schedule and monitor end of day data warehousing jobs
- Assist in coordinating software releases
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates
- Follow quality standards
- Ability to work in a project team environment
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken
- Business systems analysis and design experience
- Logical data modeling techniques, with emphasis on processing speed and versioning
- Production environment Tools/Utilities
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and database management techniques
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead
- Administration and scriptingexperience in relative platform
- Author shell scripts to perform back up, restore, and monitoring tasks
- Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items
- Provide status of work to project team lead and project manager.
- Engage in ongoing process improvement.
- Database Development.
- T-SQL & ANSI SQL.
- SQL Server 2008?2016.
- ASP.Net Web Development.
- Data Warehousing concepts.
- Multi-source database integration solutions.
- ASP.Net Core Web Development.
- Current MS SQL certification.