Database Consultant Lead
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
As an Database Consultant Lead, you will be a leader in PNC's Sales & Service MIS organization of more than 100 professionals. PNC's Sales & Service team contributes to and supports our brand, as we develop applications and services to transform our business through the implementation of the new EDGE CRM (Salesforce) platform. You will be based in either Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH. Your responsibilities include operating as a Product Owner for our Data crew and overseeing delivery of innovative solutions on our Salesforce.com platform. You will be required to interact with business and technology partners, own the vision and definition of our Data product, and prioritize the teams effort based on business value. You will develop data architectures and data management policies and standards, including guarantees of quality and performance integrity of data integrations.
Additionally, you will provide senior level consulting through identifying and solving complex and highly critical database issues across multiple platforms and computing environments. Provide technical leadership for the IT community on the selection, design, development and integration of multi-platform, distributed or relational databases. PNC’s commitment to leadership means you will always be at the leading edge of technology/business practice.
Your hours will typically be 8-5 Monday through Friday. In your role, you will draw upon your leadership experience, ability to be self-directed and direct others. You will also work closely with architects and developers to ensure the delivery of a working product implemented within the existing or planned framework.
OH - Cleveland
OH537 - Strongsville Technology Center
- Provides technical leadership for the IT community on the selection, design, development and integration of multi-platform, distributed or relational databases.
- Provides senior level consulting through identifying and solving complex and highly critical database issues across multiple platforms and computing environments.
- Leads in the structural design of a database according to various system requirements.
- Oversees and performs database installation and configuration functions for database parameters by using advanced database tools and technologies.
- Develops data architectures and DB management policies and standards; guarantees quality and performance integrity of databases.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Problem Solving - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Coaching Others - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Analytical Thinking - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Relational Databases - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the principal rules and regulations for relational models and relation operations; ability to design, develop, apply and support database applications or systems that use relational structures.
Database Backup and Migration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to store and transfer an organization's data effectively, in order to meet business needs.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
Contingency and Disaster Recovery - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of approaches, practices, tools and techniques for contingency and disaster recovery operations, and the ability to develop and execute contingency and disaster recovery plans.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.