This position will be instrumental in the design, development and maintenance of scalable database systems for integration of production data systems and client systems leveraging both SQL and NoSQL technologies to provide GfK MRI with a diverse range of database platforms to enhance the collection, processing and delivery of the National Study, Starch and third party/fusion products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain database systems for syndicated products and processes
- Develop new data models to support evolution of GfK MRI software product suite
- Develop ETL routines for integrating data from a variety of systems and or data streams
- Develop maintenance and contingency plans with application support teams.
- Create documentation for data models to be used by development teams
- Consult on system architecture projects to ensure backend is aligned with business requirements
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience as DBA or equivalent
- 3+ years supporting application development functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of RDBMS technologies like MySQL and MSSQL
- Must be fluent in SQL with the ability to write stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Must be able to develop ETL processes that prepare data for ingestion into syndicated models
- Firm understanding of NoSQL technologies and the use cases
- Comfortable working in Linux and windows environments
- Must be able to create automation routines to maintain data integrity and high availability
- Must be comfortable working in virtual cloud based environment (i.e. AWS)
- Demonstrate firm understanding of development life cycle
- Must have ability to speak with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Must have excellent organization skills and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
BA/BS or equivalent, Masters preferred